MULCH HOPPER / ORGANICS MULCH MASTER
Compaction, Contamination, Material Bridging and risk of Combustion. The four traditional problems commercial compost producers have faced when attempting to stockpile mulch. The EDGE FTS Mulch Master (Mulch Hopper ) combines traditional flipping and rotation with constant material flow to overcome these traditional challenges, & also giving you a cheaper alternative to a windrow turner.
Designed specifically for the stockpiling of lower density, bulky materials such as mulch, compost and soils, the EDGE FTS Mulch Master has a largest in class hopper capacity of 16.7 cubic yards. The FTS Mulch Master has a 25% additional buffer capacity over the standard EDGE FTS units with a bespoke hopper design to prevent material bridging. The variable high speed feeder conveyor enables an even spread of material and is further regulated via the double screwed forward/reverse auger. The auger fulfils two roles; it conditions material by flipping and rotation allowing the material to separate, aerate and untangle as well regulating the flow of material and preventing material bridging at the transfer point.
- Forward/reverse auger flips and rotates material allowing it separate, aerate and untangle
- Wide, variable high speed feeder conveyor enables an even spread of material
- Hopper specifically designed to combat bridging tendencies of low dense, bulky materials
- 25% additional buffer capacity than the standard EDGE FTS units
- Can receive loads directly from Loader, Crusher, Screener or Grinder
- Eliminates the need for a separate feeder and stockpiler units
- Can reduce fuel, maintenance and labour costs by up to 80%
- Designed for quick and easy transportation via low-loader
The EDGE MULCH MASTER is a track mounted fully mobile feeder mulch hopper conveyor designed to stockpile materials such as mulch, biomass, woodchips, shredded pallets, wood pellet, green waste, palm kernel shells etc. It can be directly fed by wheel loaders, grab cranes, wood grinders, shredders, screeners or Trommels. The MULCH HOPPER has a 1400mm (56”) wide feeder belt and steep 70° hopper sides. These features maximise the hopper opening to allow material to flow unrestricted onto the Incline conveyor. A rotating auger at the outlet aerates and untangles difficult materials and regulates the flow onto the incline conveyor. The unit has excellent mobility on site and will eliminate double handling of material, which reduces overall costs for the operator.